Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1st Day of Preschool

















Today was Ivy's 1st day of preschool. I had her tested in November for her speech articulation and she was behind like I thought. They wanted her to come to preschool when she turned 3 where all the kids in her class have her articulation problem so they can work on it. She goes twice a week and then a speech therapist comes in once a week to take her out of class and work with her one on one. It is all free through the state and it looks really nice. They do everything that a normal preschool does and I think she will love it.

She was so excited when she woke up and knew she was going to school. It took her awhile to understand that Ty and Jaden weren't going to be there. ( I think she must have heard them talk about school because she kept saying that she was going to play with Ty and Jaden there.) She gladly posed for pictures outside. Then...it started to hit me...my baby is already off to school. I called my mom after I dropped her off (when she saw the playdough on the table she was in heaven!....didn't even really say goodbye.) My mom didn't answer so I just cried a little on her answering machine. At least I still had Sissy in the back of the car. I can't wait to pick her up and hear about her day. I really missed her. Time goes by too fast!



2 comments:

Cherie Baker Vann said...

oh kelli you are the best mommy!!! I love this post :)

Wendy Penberthy said...

I'm so happy for Ivy and for her speech to improve!! Kate won't need to translate anymore, haha! Everyday it's hard to say goodbye to them... that's the way it should be though, huh?? Ivy looks so cute with her backpack on!!