Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Morning Conversation

The other day, Ivy, came into our bed to snuggle and our conversation went something like this....

Mommy: Ivy, do you think I am pretty?
Ivy: ,Ummm, Nah.
(The bed started to shake as Matt was trying to suppress his giggles.)
Mommy: Ivy, do you think Mommy is pretty? (I thought I hadn't heard her right the first time.)
Ivy: Nope (with a smile on her face)
Mommy: Why don't you think I am pretty?
Ivy:(really serious) Because of the yucky stuff.
(Now Matt was dying laughing in bed!)
Mommy: What yucky stuff are you talking about?
Ivy: Right there. (pointing to my cheek...I didn't even have a pimple on my cheek!)
So I did what any mother would do in that situation...I started to fake cry and tell her that she hurt my feelings. She started to get a little upset.
Ivy: I think your pretty Momma.
Now....that's what I thought!

2 comments:

Kelli I. said...

I can totally picture Matt cracking up while listening to this conversation between you and sweet Ivy. :) I love your funny family.

Cherie Baker Vann said...

oh my word!!! it reminds me of when my friend kristen's little girl emma was looking through an anthropologie catalog (at the ripe old age of three haha), looked at kristen and said "mommy, I wish you were pretty like those models" HAHAHHAHAHHAHA