Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chuggin' Along

I know people have been wondering what has been going on with us so here is a little recap.



Matt was gone to Palm Springs for his annual LDI trip. He was gone for only 3 days but it was good to have him back. He let Ivy take his work cell phone last night (against my better judgement.) He thought what harm could she do? Ten minutes later we couldn't find the phone, Ivy (of course) didn't remember where she misplaced it. We kept calling it and it would sound so close! Finally Matt was fishing it out from under the oven in the kitchen. I took pictures of him crawling on the floor with the broom and 2 little nosey girls jumping on him. But I am banned from putting them on my blog. My stomach muscles got a good workout from all of the laughing.


As most of you know, Matt and I switched churches in December. We left Grace community after about a year of praying about it. It is closer to home, our closest friends all go there, but most of all, we had such a big desire to be used more in the local church. We were really beginning to become convicted that we have gifts that the Lord has given us and we weren't using them as much as we would like or should. There are so many things that we miss about Grace but we have loved Placerita Babptist so much! I sang on the worship team this past Sunday , along with my first solo for Special Music. I was so thankful to the Lord for His goodness in guiding Matt and our family. Matt is in the orchestra and taking a theology class on Saturday mornings and we have biblestudy 2x a month 2 minutes from our house.


Ivy is loving preschool! She begs me to let her ride the bus! I explained to her that it is hard enough for me to let her out of my sight to go to preschool but I draw the line at letting a 3 year old ride the school bus. I am not cutting those mother/daugther strings for a long time! It has been hard on her to know that Sissy is gone on the weekends, but it is a good opportuinity to teach her how we take our desires to the Lord and let Him decide.


Lastly, something that I have always struggled with is being too much of an open book. I always share the good and the bad. (aka. Fat Mommy) but I guess that I figure that I don't really have much to hide. The Lord has taught me more about discretion over the last 10 years (mainly through my husband.) and I would like to think that I have learned to be more receptive to the Holy Spirit's wisdom. In saying all of that, I have been convicted over how much I am sharing/going to share about my current/possible future adoptions. I truly have always had good intentions in doing so, I LOVE the prayers being given on our behalf...and please keep them coming!!!! However, the part that I have been convicted about is sharing facts about other people's lives that are not mine to share. Trust me, I never meant any harm in doing so, I was just didn't think it through like I maybe should have.


I am still going to try and talk about court dates, etc. coming up because I believe that I need your prayers but I want to above reproach.

Thank you for your love, encouragement , and prayers. I'm thankful for it all.

2 comments:

James and Erin said...

Wow Kel that is amazing to see the Lord working on your heart like that! I was wondering where you had been at church!! I will be praying for you and the little ones (Matt too) Love, Erin

Julie Anne Winkle said...

Hey Kelli,

What a wonderful post. You show such love and concern for your husband and children. We are so glad to have you guys at PBC. I look forward to serving alongside you in the worship ministry.

love,
Julie