Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snoring Sissy


Ivy has been sick with a flu bug and Sissy was bothering her, wanting to be in her face, so I put her in her excesaucer (I think that is how you spell it). I called my mom and while I was talking to her in the kitchen, I heard snoring in the living room. I went in and saw that Sissy had fallen asleep in it! She was snoring away! Too cute. I took her up to her room and she was a ton of bricks. She was out!
Please remember to pray for our situationwith her. The court date is a week from today. (December 23). I heard yesterday that the baby's lawyer is totally for the Grandparents. Really that means that no one in the court that day is going to be on our side. We made tenative plans yesterday on what we want to do when they come and take her. When I feel like it is all hopeless, I just think that Almighty God is powerful enough to turn this around if that is what He wants to do.
My Pastor Scott did an amazing sermon two Sundays ago. It was on the power of prayer. He asked,"What are you trusting God for?" He talked about Jesus casting out a demon in a little boy that all the disciples could not cast out. He said it was because of their lack of faith. He said that alot of times God does not give you what you ask for the first time because He wants you to keep praying.
He said when faith stops despair enters
When faith stops anxiety starts
When faith stops doubt reigns

He did not promise that just because you pray, God will give you everything you ask for but if God can take a little boy filled with an ugly demon and cast that demon out, He can surely bring Sissy to our home for good if that is His will.

I know that this is an extremely busy time of year. If you remember, please take time to pray for our family. And as this might be our last week with this beautiful baby girl that we have prayed to be our daughter, hold your loved ones tight. We never know how long we will have them! Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli, your attitude is such an example. The Lord knows what is best for you guys and for Sissy and it is such a comfort to know that He is accomplishing His perfect purpose through you. Those were great points from your pastor! We have missed seeing you guys this week!

Cherie Baker Vann said...

Kelli!! I am totally praying, I've been thinking about you every Friday and asking God to comfort you. I absolutely believe and am praying in faith that this child will be yours. I love when God steps in when no one else is in our court! You know that we are all in your court, whether we are physically there or not. All your friends have your back! Praying that this will be the best Christmas ever for you!! Much Love, Cherie

Serena said...

We're praying for you up here in Idaho too! Remember, God specializes in insurmountable odds. Even though I haven't seen you in years, you have been such an example to me throught this blog. We sang "His Eye is on the Sparrow" last week in church and I thought of you and our time at TMC!