Thursday, April 10, 2008

Here We Go Again......

I have kind of been at a loss as to what to write since I am done with Ivy's adoption story. (By the way...I made her story into a hard bound book on Blurb.com and it came out beautiful!)
So, I decided to let you in on what we have been doing for our next adoption and let's just say that lately it has been alot!
Let me back up. When Ivy was a year old, we called Tim Blied and started another homestudy. We got all done with everything and have been waiting for a baby. Then around Christmas time, I watched a show on TV about kids who were older and being adopted out of the Foster Care system. I looked up some kids online and I found a 3 year old boy that I loved named Everett. I told Matt to come and look at him. Matt was like, "Kelli, you are not going to find a cute kid on the internet and adopt him because of his looks." I was like," I am a little smarter than that. But what if we didn't adopt a newborn? Let's just think and pray about it."
Matt is so good for me. He gets me off my horse before I jump into something so many times. I wasn't sure if this was one of those times so I just prayed about it. It turns out that Everett was a little boy that we couldn't adopt (too many things about his situation that we wouldn't bring into our family. They say that the kids on the internet are the hardest to find homes for. It is really sad.) Matt came to me a couple of days later and said that he had prayed about it and the fost to adopt program was worth checking out. We both knew people who had gone through the same agency and so we decided to do an informational meeting with them. (The whole reason for doing it this way was because you adopt your children for free and there is a bigger pool of kids.)
Matt and I decided to continue to pray about it and just take "baby steps", that way we could stop at any time we didn't feel good about something. I also prayed that Matt and I would agree on what we were doing. Just like it had been with Ivy's situation.
We couldn't go to the Santa Clarita informational meeting because Matt was going away on business so we went to the Thousand Oaks meeting. That is where we met B. Sugar. Yes, Sugar is her last name and she is a riot! She can't talk to you without listing all of her credentials and she wears ALOT of jewelry and lipstick. (She reminds me of Estelle, Joey's agent on "Friends".) I'll describe the meeting in my next post.

3 comments:

Swimwife said...

ok I am on the edge of my seat:) Can't wait until the next post:)

cathy said...

Kelli, that is great!! My in laws are in the process of fost-adopt right now with 3 children!! What agency are you working with? I can't wait to hear about it all!!

Oh yea.. time for my Kelli fix...park day soon???

Serena said...

Hi Kelli! It's been a long time. I have enjoyed reading your blog so much...and we just started one ourselves. We're up in Idaho now and have two little girls. I would love to get back in touch...even though you did draw all over my arm with a Sharpie way back in college days!