Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It finally happened



Well......we have been having some trying days. My sweet little girl has ....let me put this nicely....expressing her opinion alot more (especailly with her mom, doing what she wants alot more....etc.)

Whenever we go to church, the nursery workers are all excited to see Ivy and they can't wait for her to get there. I feel like they are really excited to see her.

Well...I went to pick her up after church and they said, "Can we talk to you?" Then they proceeded to tell me all of the problems they had with her. I could tell they were ready for her to get outta there! I told them that it would be addressed and be taken care of. (as she was throwing a fit while I was talking to them.)

So...we have been in what the bible says"Traing your child". I like to call it boot camp. Bootcamp has never been more painful as it is right now for my sweet, energetic little Ivy!

(As I'm writing this, she just managed to pull my Southern Living tile off the wall and broke it. Gotta run!......more Boot Camp!)

6 comments:

Happy Hollie said...

Ivy....you are sinful and wicked but we love you! Listen to your mommy or boot camp won't ever leave you. Hopefully you will grow to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. This will make you want to obey more!

Aunt Hollie loves you and misses you!

michelle said...

isn't parenting a fun and ever changing adventure! My cousin once described it as the most humbling experience of her life! But with that humility comes such joy - if we persevere through "boot camp" :o)

Kelli I. said...

AMEN TO THAT! Keep up the hard work, Kelli.

Megan Brown said...

Hang in there Kelli! The trenches are no fun but def worth the effort. Train up Ivy in the way she should go & she will not depart from it.

Serena said...

Hey there...still trying to get in contact. I can totally sympathize with the "boot camp" feeling. Sierra went through it at a little over two years of age. One day she finally broke down and said, "Mom, will you pray for me to have a happy heart?" Sweet music to my ears! (And such "Sunshine" lingo, eh?) I don't think that training a child is ever easy - but it is so worth every minute of the battle.

Jenny M. said...

Hey Kel! That is so hard!! Olivia is definitely starting to have a mind of her own at 7 months, so store all of this in your brain because I'll probably be calling you in two years!!

I'll pray for you! Jen