Thursday, June 19, 2008

Long Time, No Blog

Well....Sorry for the delay. Alot has been going on at the Elliott house. My parents were here for 11 days. (Pictures to follow soon.) My mom and I did Disneyland, My dad remodeled our bathroom and did many home repairs. (none of which was planned before he got here.) We house sat for Rob and Dawn Iverson....anyway...it was jam packed! Tomorrow one of my best friend's ,Kelli Iverson, is flying in because we are giving our friend Ashley a girl's weekend for her birthday. June is just flying by!

I got a call that Matt and I have been officially certified for foster- adoption! We met with our "matcher" tonight. (She is the lady that calls us if we match with a child/children that fits our description....and then we can go get them or meet them! It is crazy! Now we can get a call any day. I told her that I was scared and she said that I just need to "Jump". and take a leap of faith. She said, "You're a Christian right? So pray about it and Jump." I wanted to cry when she said that. I told her of my fears of the child being taken away. She said, " What if the Lord uses you to love that child for a while because they needed you." She said to be as cautious as we can (with the information that we are given) and then jump.

We also changed our description of what child we would take. We said any race, but if the child was African American, we would only take siblings. Then she told us that she just got a call about 2 boys (ages one and two) they are white boys and they live in a different county. She said that she had a whole paper on them and she was going to go home and see if they fit our description. Holy Cow! I was like, we just met you at Starbucks and your telling me about 2 boys already? I really don't have my hopes up about them but we will see.

Keep us in your prayers! I will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

whoa!!!! so cool and so fast!
keep us posted (no pun intended!).
much grace & peace!

Unknown said...

totally fantastic!! can't wait to hear more...

Abouttime said...

Just maybe... Just maybe... the hand of the Lord is in all of this. What do you think?! So exciting... just think... more kids and still no stretch marks! (at least on the outside... maybe a few spiritually!)