Friday, May 16, 2008

Hard as Nails



Yesterday I was taking a shower. I heard Ivy getting into my bathroom cabinets. I called out to her and told her to get out of there and I heard her take off running. Something told me her running meant that she was up to something. I got out and smelled a familiar smell but I couldn't put my finger on what it was.....until she came running around the corner with my "Hard as Nails" fingernail polish. A closer look showed me that she had put it all over her cheeks and lips. (She was pretending to put her makeup on with a makeup brush like her mommy.) I was shocked. ( If you know Ivy lately...I don't know why I was so shocked!)

It took forever to get it off. Everytime I thought that I got it all, some would peel off later that night. I thought that it was going to ruin her perfectly soft cheeks. She got ****reminded**** not to do it again. Oh...sigh...Kelli I. maybe Ivy and Ben will get married. We just have to hire security to sit across the street 24/7....I love her!

6 comments:

Kelli I. said...

Between the two of them, they would be contant trouble! You know that I've always loved the name "Ivy Iverson". She is adorable...which is a good thing when she is being naughty - it helps remind you that you do love her! As with every "stage" our kids go through, this too shall pass. Love Ya and can't wait to see you!

Kelli I. said...

P.S. When I read the Title, "Hard as Nails", I assumed you were meaning her strong will (just like Ben's). When I read about the nail polish, I laughed out loud. :)

Melissa Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Brooke said...

I am laughing so hard right now...but only because it happened to you and not me! Did I tell you about the time Jake got a hold of the baby powder? When I asked him what he did he said, "I made it snow, Mama!!" It was a pain to clean up, but my house smelled really good! :)

Love you,
Mel

michelle said...

that is too funny - i mean funny, only because it happened to you and not to me!!! :o) I love reading all of your funny Ivy happenings!

Unknown said...

oooooo that is a Steph move!!! That's hilarious!!! I read this the other day...

who is ben?