Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fost Adopt Update #10

I hate to keep using bullet points but I feel like I don't want to leave anything out.

* On our visit this week, Matt told the grandparents that we would not be setting up visits on the weekends. Grandma seemed upset but Grandpa understood. We told them that we would drive to the Northridge mall every other week to help them out. (our social workers thought we were being too nice.)

* We went to a support group on Monday night. It ended up being with a bunch of Christians. There were prayer requests and prayer. Only one lady was getting really phychological. We heard alot of things that we didn't like about the DCFS but we needed to hear that they mess things up for you more than they get things right. They gave Matt and I some good pointers. It is once a month and we get resurtification credit for doing it so why not? Everyone was really nice.

I had a visit with another social worker this morning...( I know...It is alot!) She is the one who doesn't really know too much. She didn't even bring anything with her that had to do with our case....just a pad of paper...so when I asked her questions, she didn't know anything. She did tell me that she told the BM (birthmom) that if she didn't do what she was supposed to, that we were ready to adopt the baby. (She still hasn't done anything and that was a month ago.)

* She also said that they (DCFS) called the alleged birthfather for something and he called the BM really angry saying, tell them to not bother me again! So, I really am not too concerned with him. He wants nothing to do with this baby.

* Right now, the only thing I don't feel good about is still the Grandma. I think she might think that her daughter is going to pull through. If is is over a year to 18 months and the birthmother is not doing anything and Grandma really sees that she might go into adoption...she might pull out all the stops then to get her, AND she proubly would get her. I don't trust her...BUT I TRUST THE LORD! He knows what is going to happen and I remind myself of that everyday. Isn't all of our children in His hands? Please keep us in your prayers.

* Side note...Little Sis is such a happy baby, loves Ivy, smiles all the time. Lifts her head up to look all over the place. Ivy gets her face down to her level so they can just stare at each other while Ivy makes her laugh. She is a blessing in so many ways. She is easy to fight for. I can't wait for the day to come (hopefully the day comes) when I can put pictures up of her beautiful face.

3 comments:

Cherie Baker Vann said...

praying that day will come quickly when you can call her your own and put pics up! So very excited with you for that day!

612 SW 50th Street said...

Matt and Kelli- We are praying for you guys!!! Thanks for all the updates. It has been fun talking to you lately Kel! :) - Becca

Wendy Penberthy said...

Happy Birthday Kelli... Love you!