Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fost Adopt Update #11

Alot has happened within the last 24 hours.

* They switched the birthmom visits back to Chatsworth. The BM's phone has been disconnected so they can't get a hold of her so they are waiting for her to call.

* An aunt (on the birthfather's side) has come forward and says that she wants baby Sissy. She is having her home inspected to see if it is OK for the baby. She has 2 of the birthfathers other children so she wants this one. She is only the LEGAL GUARDIAN of those kids. The judge has said before that he wants Sissy in an adoptive home but that doesn't mean that he won't change his mind.

* Grandma (who we have visits with) told the lawyer that she wants Matt and I to adopt the baby. I(She has never told us that before) I think that she feels with us, she can see or know the baby but if that aunt gets her, she proubly won't ever see her.

* There is a court date OCTOBER 15. They may say that the aunt gets her on that date. Matt and I are going to go. Please pray that we get to keep Sis and this aunt will for some reason be dismissed. Pray that Matt and I will continue to trust the Lord and that we will find joy in His will.

4 comments:

Amber Lynn said...

Kelly and family

You know us Metzger's always pray for our family, and you are our family! LOVE YOU ALL

612 SW 50th Street said...

We are praying, praying, praying!!! - Becca

Cherie Baker Vann said...

TOTALLY praying for that!! wow, what a mess that birth dad has made. God can clean it up though! :)

Jamie said...

Oh Kelli, I will pray for you guys! I totally cried over the fact that her biological father wanted no phone calls. Maybe it's because both of my parents were adopted and I just cant imagine not wanting anything to do with your very own child.

I will be praying for the court date to go in your favor on the 15th.