Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's Not Always as It Seems (Update #9)

Just when I think things are slowing down.....Here are some facts.

* The birthmom did not show up to any visits this week here in town. She called to say that she would not come to our town because it is too far. That might work against her or the court might say I have to drive to Hollywood 2x a week. Pray that I don't have to do that. The county wants her to make an effort to see the baby but the court might not see things that way.

* Last night was the first visit with the grandparents. They were nice and brought her clothes. They now get UNSUPERVISED visits with her so it was at the mall. BUT, they are complaining that it is too far to drive and they want to visit her on weekends down by them. I am upset because the county says that it is up to us so I feel like they are going to talk about it with me every week until I change things. My question is...Why am I doing all of the driving when it is their grandchild? I am doing 3 visits a week on top of social worker visits!!! I am really praying about this one.....

* The grandma also is not thinking that she is getting fair treatment from the county so she has contacted a reporter and a laywer....but she has said 2x in court now that she doesn't want to adopt her. I am so glad that I believe that God has everything in control and mapped out the way it is going to go already. I am really clinging to that. Then...it doesn't matter what happens, it is all in His control. That is what I think on when I fight being anxious....which happens often.

Thank you all for your encouragement. I keep saying that. I remember Tracy D. telling me that her daughter was the most prayed for little girl in the whole church when they were trying to adopt her. I hope that I get the chance to share that with BGE someday. It means so much that you love her already.

2 comments:

Cherie Baker Vann said...

hey kelli, we just got back into town from vacation, but I was anxious to catch up on your blog - so happy to hear that things are moving along - like Traci said, just keep chipping away. I am still praying!! Cherie

Abouttime said...

Dear Kelli... it was good talking to Matthew about your day today and I couldn't help thinking of the great family (yours) that BGE is having the opportunity to experience. We also pray the it becomes permanent.
I also had the opportunity to print out all of the posts of your blogs for my mom and left them there for her to enjoy. She appreciates the updates as well. Tim