Friday, August 29, 2008

Small Victory (Update #8)

We got some great news last night. as you might have guessed, this week was absolutely crazy! I started work, took the baby to alot of extra appointments, had my own social worker visit and then started the visits with BM (birthmom). It was a hectic week. I was not really thrilled to drive down to Chatsworth 2x a week for visits. I would be gone 3 hours one day and 4-5 hours another day...just on the visits.

Well...our socail worker told us last night that they moved all of the visits to Santa Clarita because there was no room in Chatsworth. That is what we had wanted all along. The birthmom is not going to be happy because she said it was too hard to get up here. The DCFS (Department of Child and Family Services) said that if she wants to see her child then she needs to make an effort. The grandma is not going to be happy either. I get alittle concerned that this would put a fire under her to get certified herself....but again who am I to know the Lord's plans.

I am so thankful for the Lord that He gave us a little breathing room. I would do anything for this little girl, even if it spent 2 days in the car. But the Lord knew it would get old for me, Ivy and Tate (Ivy's friend that I watch on those days.) God is so good. Even in the midst of the trial He still shows His love and concern for us.

4 comments:

Kelli I. said...

I noticed the name in the "label". That's a big step for you! I am thankful for the change in location, too. It seems like a little thing, but it will make a big difference in your week. I miss you so much!

Unknown said...

that is great news. keep chipping away....

Joan said...

Hi Kelli - I've been "lurking" on your blog for a while, and read your whole story of Ivy's adoption, often with tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing all this! I'm excited to see what the Lord will do in your current adoption story. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. Love, Joan (Osborne) Douglass

Jenny M. said...

Praying for you Kel and LOVE the name!

xo, Jen