Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fost Adopt Update #6


Wow! Where to begin....Matt and I went to a meeting today to talk about the situation with BGE. Here are some of the things that we found out.


*Grandparents got mad at the fact that they got an hour visit a week with the baby. (they wanted more) so she said that they were going to become foster parents and take the baby.

* They said in court that they did not want to adopt the baby (they could change their mind)

*They have had allegations about them come up over they years (but the social worker said they could still be foster parent certified)

* The birthmom has not done one thing the court has told her to do yet or been to any scheduled meetings to discuss it.

* I take the baby to her first supervised visit with the birthmom tomorrow. (They think she might cause a problem because she is mad that her lesbian girlfriend can not be in the room...even though they plan to get married.)

* The judge we have has been favored to side with the biological family.

*In 6 months the birthmom proubly won't have her rights terminated but they with take away her help for getting services. (she will have to do it all on her own...she is not even doing it with help.)

*It will proubly be a year before they terminate parental rights.


Prayer Requests....

*That Matt and I will be a testimony to the people that we are in contact with so that they see a difference in us and come to know the Lord.

*That birthmom doesn't make trouble tomorrow or she doesn't even show up..and that her girlfriend won't show up. ( I am a little scared and I am praying for safety for the baby and I.)

*That Grandma won't make any more trouble and that she really decides not to adopt her.

* That Matt and I won't get caught up in the drama of it all but consontrate on loving our baby and giving her the most love she has ever felt in her whole life.


Thank you to all of you for your prayers and encouraging words. I told someone this week that I have had a good week and I attribute it to all of your prayers. God is so good and I am resting in the fact that He is in control.

Proverbs 16:9 "A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the update kelli - praying for you all.

she is so beautiful - keep trusting the Lord with her...

Dani's birthday was yesterday and it never ceases to amaze me that i loved her "daily" like you are BGE for 1 1/2 years knowing every day that she could leave the next day...and 9 years later she is here... I pray that we will have that same 9 years someday to rejoice with your family....although by that time I will nearing 50!!! aaaggghhh!

I am praying for you as you commit her sweet life to Jesus....

Chris Kim Kinsley Cooper said...

We will keep praying. Kelli, I know you are being a testimony even when you feel like you aren't. Keep continuing to be a light and the Lord will give you the peace you need. I love you friend!

Cherie Baker Vann said...

Praying for you guys!! And know too that you are such a great example to so many of us! God is great and can do ANYTHING, so I'm praying He displays His power quickly! Truly praying!! HOw did it go today??

Ashley Kostjuk said...

kelli, i will be praying for you tomorrow as you take your baby girl for visitation. i will pray for peace in your heart as i know this is will be a very hard thing to do. The Lord will (and is already) using you through this trying time. Continue to rest in Him as He loves you so.
I love you and will praying for your day.

Shana said...

Kelli
I came across your blog and it was like reading my own fost adopt story. It will get better and honestly by making the bio family work for it they are more likely to miss appointments (which looks bad for them). We were supposed to do weekly visits with bio grandparents that also threatened to get licensed. By requiring them to drive 20 minutes for the meetings they barely made them monthly then it was 2 months and then it just stopped. Once it stopped we could prove that there was no longer a bond and the adoption moved forward. I wish you the best of luck. Also I am happy to answer any questions as we just finalized in March after 15 months of foster.