Friday, August 15, 2008

BGE Update #3

I just got off the phone with the grandma and the Lord answered a prayer. She had called because she heard that I had taken the baby to the Dr. (without any insurance again so it cost another $100....for them to tell me that she had a cold.)



We got to talking and I said that I knew that she has some big decisions coming up about adopting the baby. We started talking about open adoption and how we had an open adoption with Ivy and how wonderful I thought it was. She asked me if this was my first time as a foster parent and I said that we were looking to adopt again. I said that we wanted to adopt this way and that we were waiting for a baby to be permanently in our home. I told her many times that I was not trying to talk her into giving us her baby and that she had to make that decision on her own. I said that whoever Matt and I adopt that we would hope to have an open adoption. I did tell her that if the birth mom did not have her life straightened out, we would not be giving our kids contact with her but we would be open to the grandparents. I emphasised letters and pictures and occasional visits. I did say not all the time because we need to be a family.....I told her alot more but she seemed interested in what I had to say.



I told her that Matt and I were Christians and that we had been praying about their decision and that I was not trying to talk her into not adopting the baby. I just wanted her to know what life could be like for her.



I don't know how she took all of it. I am just going to pray about that. (Join with me in that.) She had to get off the phone fast because she had another call and she gave me a genuine thank you. We will see. I just feel really good, like I did my part and now if she decides to adopt her then there was nothing else I could or would do. Thank you Lord for that opportuinty. I still fight my heart wanting to be anxious but God gave me a little desire of my heart today. He is so faithful and good.



BGE (baby girl elliott...you'll catch on!) has a bad cold but I am loving her and she is loving me. This is just the begining of the ride folks. I am tired all ready. God will see me through. Thank you for your prayers.

5 comments:

Happy Hollie said...

PTL! I'm so glad you were able to communicate with her. We'll keep praying.

Unknown said...

Kelli - always praying with you :O)
What an answer to prayer - isn't it amazing to pray specifically and see God's hand SO CLEARLY????? love you tons
Tracy....

612 SW 50th Street said...

Kel, I'm glad you got that opportunity. We'll be praying for more answered prayers.

Ashley Kostjuk said...

Kel,
I'm so glad you were able to tell her everything that's been on your heart. This has been an emotional week and I'm praying for a joyful fun day tomorrow with your two girls and Matt.
We love you.
Ash & Todd

Joe, Erin, Drew, and Drake said...

Hi Kelly!! I can't help get choaked up...I will be praying earnestly, your faith is such a rock! God is good, you are so right! He will give you what you need through this and how sweet He answered one of your prayers concerning BGE already (:
Love you!
Erin