Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fost Adopt Update #7

Well, I dropped Ivy off at wendy's and Matt came with me to drop off BGE at the visit. We weren't really prepared for what we saw. When we got there, We were brought to a room to drop her off and Matt and I walked into the room and thought that we were in the wrong room. We thought that there was a man sitting there waiting but it was our birthmom. Dressed in all black, those big earrings that stretch your ear out, tattoos,reeking of smoke and a baseball cap. I said "Hi,....( name). I stretched out my hand to shake hers and Matt did the same. She did not act like she wanted to shake my hand and she was acting like she had already decided not to like us. It was time to hand her over. That is when I wanted to cry. BGE looked beautiful and peaceful and I was handing her over to a masculine girl who scared the day lights out of me. Even then I started to pray. She called BGE "Mommy".
I got a little shaken when I got to the car. Begging the Lord already to spare her from that life and make her ours. I was thinking..she has went from Sunday at church to this? reminding myself that the Lord loves her more than me. Please continue to pray. This is just the beginning and we haven't even had visits with Grandma yet. It makes me thankful for my salvation. I could have grown up in a family like that but the Lord plucked me out of darkness. These visits remind me of what darkness looks like. Please continue to pray.

6 comments:

Cherie Baker Vann said...

oh kelli, how long is the visit? do you get her back tonight? totally praying right now!! wow, I was not prepared to read that either! :) Good thing God knew before you went in there!! I was checking your blog today to see if there was an update, I've been praying and asking God to just bring joy all around. and to have His umbrella of protection over that sweet girl. And over you!

Maureen said...

I'm a friend of Ruth's (and Matt's too I suppose :) ) and linked to your blog through hers. I have been following this latest adoption story and just wanted you to know that there are so many people praying for you guys right now. Your story touched me and I am in awe of how God is working in your life and giving you so much strength as you deal with this birth family.

Kelli said...

Cherie, Her visit was an hour and a half today then we went and picked her up. Too long for me but short enough. Next week she sees her 2 days for 2 hours each day. Then the Grandma gets 2 hours. A long day for a 4 month old.

Abouttime said...

Terrie is here trying to figure out blogging... the blind leading the blind...

Cherie Baker Vann said...

ok, we'll keep praying! honestly, that after today she'd just be overwhelmed with the thought of motherhood and would give up the fight. is that bad?? :) whatever works!!!

The Parsons' blog said...

Kelli,
I think what you and Matt are doing is truly amazing. I'll be praying for you guys, that the Lord will prepare your hearts and minds for whatever the situation and more importantly that you'll get to keep that sweet baby girl and continue to shower her with Christs love. God knows the desires of you heart, continue to lean on and trust in Him.