Sunday, September 28, 2008

No News is Good News? (Update for Fuzzy)


Thank you to everyone who asks about Matt and I. My friend,Matt (a.K.a. Fuzzy)kindly let me know that I need to be writing the latest. There isn't a whole lot to tell. I will say this. I have really studied Philippians 4 :6-7 this week. " Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
That verse has really rang true in my heart this week. I did what the verse said and I truly believe that God gave me peace this week. All of our circumstances didn't change but God gave me an unexplainable peace with it all. I still can cry about it when people ask me but I know that He is in control. I know that He loves Sissy more than Matt and I. I am praying that God does a miracle and leaves her with us, but I also believe that His ways are higher than ours and He knows what is best. I have been so thankful for everyone's encouraging words. Please continue to pray for our court date October 15th.
This last week our birthmom called to confirm that she was coming for the visit. I put all 3 kids in the car and we drove the half hour to get there....then she never showed up. So..we all came home.
Matt had a great talk with the maternal grandparents this week. They are also concerned that the baby will go to the birthfather's sister. They wanted to know what Matt and I mean when we say that we would have an open adoption (with them). It was a good talk and they are feeling comfortable with us to ask us questions. I would love to have a realationship with them in the future and have them come to know the Lord.
I don't know anything else about this aunt. I know that she is certified to take kids because Sissy's bio brother is in the system. All of this doesn't look great for us but God can do anything. I really think that He doesn't want us to know much more than that so that we keep our eyes focued on Him and that He is in control.
Siss is laughing alot now and (I think) is going to start crawling anyday now. She is such a good baby. God has been so good to us with that. We will keep enjoying her as another week brings us closer to October 15th. Please also pray that if she is going to leave us that we will find out that day so that it is not dragged out any more than that. Thanks so much!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Thank you for the "update"! It is great to read your heart and know how we can continue to pray for you guys! We look forward to seeing how God reveals the events of the next few weeks.

Matt "Fuzzy"
and Family

Cherie Baker Vann said...

oh I'm so glad to get an update! :) I totally know God will bless you Kelli. So no "buts" allowed anymore in these posts! :) Praying for you guys!!