Thursday, December 6, 2007

Ivy Elisabeth Elliott


Ivy....almost two. In the midst of a week full of discipline, reminders, trouble, training and sometimes frustration... I thought it was important to tell you what a joy you are to my life. Because you were born around Christmas, I almost wanted to give you the middle name Joy. Your dad stopped me because he thought 2 middle names were enough. But joy fits you. I think back to this week when we had some trying days of disipline and I wondered if you even liked me. Then as I put you to bed you reached up and squeezed me so tight I thought my head was going to fall off and you puckered up your lips to kiss me. As tears came to my eyes I knew that you were showing me how much you love me. Even though I wait for the day of hearing a trace of those words coming out of your mouth, this week that hug and kiss...those "lovies" were enough for me. I love you so much and besides my salvation and my relationship with your dad, you have been the greatest blessing in my life. I couldn't have picked a better daughter and only you could bring me to say,"Thank you Lord that I did not have a baby of my own." because then I wouldn't have you and my life would not be complete. You are a gift. I'm forever grateful for everyday we spent together. I can't wait for tomorrow's rainy day so we can spend the whole day inside, snuggling, kissing and having fun. I love you,Mommy

5 comments:

Wendy Penberthy said...

That was sweet Kel, we love you too Ivy!! The Penberthys!

Unknown said...

How clearly I remember that December. Ivy you are such a blessing! I always think of my kids and how many people are praying for them through their adoptions and their lives. Ivy - so many people were and are praying for you - even people you don't really know like me! Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday sweet Ivy!

Happy Hollie said...

I'm sitting here crying! LOL....go figure....it's Auntie Hollie. The tears are in rememberance of what a blessing Ivy has been in my life! My life has changes since she's become part of our family. The Lord has truly blest us all with her! I love you guys!

mom said...

Ives, You are such a cutie in your little hat. I can't wait to see you on your birthday. Grandma and Grandpa Gorsh love you to pieces.
You are truely a gift from God

pilgrimgirl said...

Hi Kel! You're right, I'm crying:)
What a blessing from God, the Elliott family!
The passionate love for one another, and for God's family is a clear testimony of God's gracious work in you ALL, and we get to be part of that!
Thanks for your love, and for sharing Ivy with me! I'm soooo looking forward to Ivy's 2nd birthday celebration next week! We'll teach her about progressive birthdays, right, Kel! I love you!
terry