Monday, November 26, 2007

Fat Mommy 4

OK........Thanksgiving is over and I decided it was time to head back to the gym. It was one of the circuit training days...my least favorite. It went from bad to worse and I couldn't use the private room I usually use so I had to lift weights etc. in the main gym. I started to do my squats when I look over and see a dad from my school working out. I wanted to die but unfortunately it gets worse..... we worked out avoiding eye contact (yet knowing that each other was there) until it was time for me to do my stomach crunches and he ended up doing push ups right next to me! Finally we mumbled something about getting back to excersisng after Thanksgiving and I let out a nervous laugh.
Luckily, the Lord decided to show me some love and I had put some make up on my face before I left. Usually I go with no make up and I don't quite get around to brushing my hair.
How did I celebrate working out? I met my sister for a chesseburger and onion rings! I NEED HELP! I blame it on Ivy because I was sending a package to Mike Penberthy in Italy for his birthday and while we were in line, Ivy starts crying and yelling " I bite! I bite" (meaning she is hungry and wants a bite to eat...how cute is she!!!!) So, I just had to meet Hollie at the Habit because it was close by and I fell into am moment of weakness and ordered the burger and onion rings instead of the salad with dressing on the side. You don't have to scold me....Hollie already did. Boo Hoo....tomorrow is another day. Kelli

9 comments:

Wendy Penberthy said...

OH yah girl, blame it on Ivy!!!! Or blame it on us for having to go to the post office to send us a package!! You are the best, thank you!! You made me jealous, we would LOVE to have the Habit right now.Love you....Wen

Unknown said...

Kelli - you are sooo funny!!!! i blame lots on my kids too...sometimes eating out is sooo much easier and faster! at least you went to the gym :O) Tracy

Happy Hollie said...

Seriously....I LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

Kelli...I die laughing at the scenarios re: Fat Mommy. Your depiction of the painful moments is all too real! Thanx for being truthful and hilarious and sincere!
I think we're all there, have been there, will be there...
grace & peace
-sam

-PS you're on my google reader now, so you'll probably be hearing from me more :)

Brooke said...

Life is too short not to get the onion rings every once in a while...Good job Ivy.
Ivy makes a very cute little mouse!

612 SW 50th Street said...

Kel- You're not fat. You are a beautiful young woman and Matt is lucky to have you. You're in my top 2 sisters of all time. Hang in there...I'm starting a diet myself today.

Happy Hollie said...

That was not our brother that just posted that comment! Who is that? Seriously.....my how marriage has changed him! We heart Precious!

Wendy Penberthy said...

wow, that was so beautifully written by your brother, hee hee!

Julie Gebhards said...

Kelli, you crack me up, and I can relate to all of your temptations and struggles! Fat Mommy #2