Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Fat Mommy

No, I am not calling my mom fat...I am talking about me. With everything that is going on with my friends these days I have written more about them than I have about me. (See Kostjuk's blog below...God is doing miracles!) But yesterday I took drastic meausres and if I don't laugh about it, my body hurts so bad that it will make me want to cry.
I need to lose weight, my husband(who has already lost 50 pounds) is losing more, and my parents need to lose weight.So.we entered into a weight loss contest. Who can lose the most weight until we all see each other at Christmas. My dad wants the losers to have to buy a steak dinner for the winners......doesn't that defeat the purpose????
So I am starting to count my weight watchers points again (it hasn't gone well)but everytime I talk to my parents, they are eating at a buffet so I still could pull off a victory!
I have been on my treadmill but I knew I needed more so I enlisted the help of my boss' wife Donna. Let's just say that Donna is a workout machine! I thought I nearly died yesterday (or at least I feel like it today). She was sweet enough to put together 4 circut routines for me to do plus the treadmill. We did all of the routines a couple of times ( with mirrors on the wall to look at yourself..I just kept thinking that I should be ashamed at the size of my bootom!) We made a list of what to do each day of the week. I walked down the stairs from her gym at her house and I could hardly make it down the stairs. I felt like an old lady.
I have lost a few ponds (can't tell you exactly how much because I can't give mom and dad a head's up.) But I think this will kick me in gear. Donna kept saying that she wanted me to shock my body....my body was so shocked I think I saw lightening!
I thought this would be good to let everyone know how I am doing along the way, or give me accountability, or just plain keep me laughing about it so I don't cry from pain. Today is the first day I do the routine at the gym so I will let you know.............I can't wait for everyone to look at me while I am doing crunches........NOT!
Being a mom of a toddler at an older age, I need all the help I can get to feel young and healthy. Pray for me! Kelli

4 comments:

Happy Hollie said...

Kel,
I love you! I think you are seriously the funniest person I know! I am proud of you and you CAN DO IT!!!!
I will be praying for you to be more disciplined.

Love you.
hol

Swimwife said...

kelli
I want to join your contest. I have been trying to count my points these last few months and I am so inconsistent!!! You have inspired me..let's count and lose!
love you girl
Staci

Wendy Penberthy said...

Kel, you are killng me. I agree with Hol, you are the funniest person I know. I can imagine you at the gym, hee hee. GO for it girl! love you, wen

michelle said...

Kelli,
You are too cute! I have to say that Pure Weightloss (formerly LA Weightloss) has been the BEST thing I have ever, I mean, EVER done!!! Kelli I. (that little stick) got me into it and I am sooooooooo thankful! I have done EVERYTHING and this is the first time I have reached my goal and am keeping it off (isn't that the goal!?!?!). Totally made sense to me - a little expensive, but you can do it in payments :o)
Keep it up! I am sure you can win.
Michelle Castro