Saturday, November 3, 2007

"Gotcha Day" and Halloween

Ok, Now I am addicted. Since we get an extra hour of sleep tonight, I am just going to keep typing away about the family. Last week was Ivy's 1st "Gotcha Day". It stands for the "day we officially gotcha". (It was her 1st adoption birthday). We had donuts and presents. Aunt Hollie bought her some washable markers (that aren't so washable) . She is obsessed with her markers and pens and thinks she is hot stuff walking around with them. I can't believe it has been a year since we went to court with her. God is so good! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect daughter.

For Halloween Ivy had Kate Penberthy's old Halloween costume. She was Minnie Mouse. She looked so cute but she thought everytime candy went in her bag she could eat it right away. We went to the MacArthur's and the Hamilton's. She ate alot of carmel corn that night! Don Hamilton put new hard wood floors in their house and Ivy thought it was funny to throw water on the floor..........Don didn't think it was funny (although he was so polite)....mommy and daddy didn't think it was funny either and we took care of it....a couple of times. :) It was a fun night of being with friends.

7 comments:

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

happy gotcha Day IVY!! We Love you.

Great Job on the Blog Kel - it looks great!

Happy blogging

Swimwife said...

Ok how cute is the "Gotcha Day" I love it!! and I love her halloween costume! I cannot believe that Ivy is going to be two, Kelli, how does it go by so fast?!! She is sooo cute! I love you all so much!
love Staci

Kelli I. said...

I love the blog and the cute pictures. It will be fun to watch Ivy grow up via the computer! :) Take Care. I miss you tons.

Kelli

Swimwife said...

Hey girl your family is welcome at my hacienda ANYTIME...fires or no fires:)
love you

Unknown said...

Kelli Elliott! This is Kristin Harvey (Wilder). I found your blog while looking at Todd and Ashley's (bawling my face off). So fun to see your life and your cute little one. We have a blog, too. You can check it out at www.livefromthelivingroom.wordpress.com
Hope you guys are great!

pilgrimgirl said...

Hey Kel! Great work! What a great way to watch your love grow!Thanks for sharing Ivy with us! "Gotcha Day" is a perfect way of celebrating God's goodness, and remembering all He planned in giving Ivy to you both! How great IS our God!
The Elliott Family is a gem among others, and we are grateful for your love and friendship! Praise God from whom All blessings flow!
Love ~Nana