Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Getting Weak and Weary

I had a visit with the birthmom today. As I walked in the door, the DCFS social worker met me . She said that the Grandparent's home was approved and the DCFS wanted to take Sissy out of our home yesterday (we didn't know that that could happen.) This social worker told them not to do it because she has some concerns about the Grandparents. They are going to have a board metting with the grandparents this coming Tuesday to ask them questions and determine what to do (it is very possible that they could decide to take her on Tuesday.)



I also found out that the Grandma is now going to drive the Birthmom to all of her visits to see the baby. The birthmom said that she has a good relationship with her parents now. (My social worker thinks that they might have no intention of adopting Sissy but wants her out of our home and is going to help their daughter to "appear" to be back on track so that she can have her and they just be grandparents again. Poor Sissy.



Bottom line is that I am tired and weary. They are wearing me out and I feel like I am hitting bottom. It is so good to trust in the Lord knowing that He has everything in control and I don't have to try and run the show like this grandma is. Honestly, I am just getting tired of doing everything by the book, running Sissy everywhere she needs to go, having social workers in and out of my house, loving on her, making sure that I am taking care of Ivy, checking my heart to make sure that I am honoring the Lord....it is enough to wear a girl out.



The Lord brought to my mind Galatians 6:9 " And let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." Bottom line...I WILL NOT ALLOW SATAN TO BE VICTORIOUS IN MY HOME! He might think that he will ruin Matt and I and our family. HE IS NOT HAVING IT WHETHER IT IS MATT, I AND IVY OR IF SISSY IS WITH US TO. The End! ( I am feeling better already.)

3 comments:

Cherie Baker Vann said...

I'm with ya!! and just wrote you on facebook :)

Serena said...

Just wanted you to know that I have been praying for you. In fact, today I shared your story with my Bible study group at church here in Idaho. We will keep you in our thoughts...it must be so difficult.

Happy Hollie said...

Love it Kel! Don't give up...the Lord is soverign and continue to trust and hope!