Tuesday, October 7, 2008

New Information

Sorry that I haven't updated in a while but there really hasn't been any news to tell. I just had a visit from my social worker. She gave me some more information....not really the news I was hoping for.

The aunt has been certified to take another child (Sissy) and she does want her. They are unclear if she wants to adopt her or not. But it looks like they might recommend that the aunt gets her.

They still have not done a DNA test on the birthfather like he wants. My social worker was trying to push for it. Saying that it would be a shame to move the baby and later find out that this baby isn't even related to the aunt. Everyone says that he is the father ( I think that he proubly is too) but the birthmom was an alleged prostitute so...why aren't they making sure?

The investigator was supposed to come out and see our house and has not done that yet. I think that he thinks that she is going to go to the aunt so what is the point? The hard part is that we can make phone calls but we can't make them do anything.

I asked my social worker when they would take the baby if the court decides with the aunt. She said it would proubly happen that day.

That is where I need to rest in the Lord. He knows what will happen. I still have hope in the Lord that He can do anything....and if He decides to take her, He will bring Matt , Ivy and I through. Please continue to pray for October 15th. Thanks

5 comments:

Happy Hollie said...

Isaiah 26:3
"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you because he trusts in you."

Love you.

Matt said...

We are absolutely praying for you guys! I honestly am at a loss for words otherwise! God is good and He is in control. I pray that you will experience Him in a very special way this next week as you wait on Him.

Matt and Family

Cherie Baker Vann said...

totally praying! Our God loves you so much too, as well as Sissy!!

Cherie Baker Vann said...

PS - I was thinking about this last night - you are in a really cool place right now, because only God can work it out! I think it's so great, because now He HAS to! :) You can let go of all you feel you need to do and just let Him show you how dandy He is! Hope that is encouraging!

Kelli said...

Thanks Cherie. You are so right.