Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Good News

Sorry for the delay in my post. We didn't find out what happened yesterday until just this morning. They said that the meeting went really long. I prayed that at the meeting, everyone would see the "true colors" of the Birthmom and the Grandparents. It seems that is exactly what happened. The Birthmom got mad at what was being said in the meeting and she stormed out of the room a couple of times. The Grandparents have NOT been approved yet to take the baby. Their home has been approved but they haven't.



DCFS is going to recommend to the judge that the Grandparents have individual counceling, couples counceling, and parenting classes. The Grandma was not happy about that. She doesn't want parenting classes. The Grandparents also have like 9 fractions against them on record with DCFS. The Judge would have to dismiss all of them. (I think) They are recommending that all of that happens before they can get the baby. So that means the Judge would give them a couple of months to do that....or he can dismiss all of it and give them the baby.



All of that to say...we get her until November 7th. Matt is going to go to court to see what happens. Thank you for praying! Pray that the Judge does not give them custody on that day. Then....there will be more waiting. Also pray that the court will give us permission to take the baby to Washington for Christmas. God is good!
( I hope that this all makes sense.)

10 comments:

Happy Hollie said...

YEAH! Praise God!!!

Cherie Baker Vann said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!!! I am so happy for you, I can't stand it!! :)

Amy said...

Yeah! Kelli, I've been reading your blog for a few months now and am amazed at your family's strength through all these trying times. Keep on truckin as I know that you will!
Take care,
Amy (Johannsen) Denholm

Lauren said...

What a road of ups and downs. I'm so glad you have the Lord to keep you in His arms. His ways are perfect. We are praying that God would give her to you to be your little girl. I know you are amazing parents and she would be raised to love the Lord in your family. This is just one of those times we can't see the whole picture, but have to have faith in His wisdom. I'm sure its hard, and we will be praying for God's grace for you to trust Him no matter the outcome.

Melissa Burns said...

Kelli, that's great! I'll keep praying.

Kelli I. said...

So great to hear! Your faithfulness each step of the way has been amazing. Our prayers will continue for your sweet family.

The Somerville Four said...

Kelli,

I have been following your blog and prayed for this all day yesterday. Praise God!!! Isn't the power of prayer just amazing?!? I will continue to lift both of you up...especially for the 7th.

Serena said...

I was so excited to see "Good News" as your title! Praise the Lord for answered prayer....even if it's just baby steps. We'll keep praying up here in Idaho.

Anonymous said...

Praising the Lord with you! Your trust in the Lord is such an example and I know that all of the social workers and everyone you are coming into contact with through this are seeing that too! Praying for you!

Chris, Aubrey, and Karsten said...

Kelli, I am friends with the Dodsons and have been reading your blog. I just want you to know that I am praying for you family! I am encouraged by your constant dependence on the Lord through all of this uncertainty. God Knows best!
In Christ, Aubrey Morlok