Friday, March 7, 2008

Ivy's Adoption Story Part 10

Ivy and Grandpa Gorsh

I called K. right after Thanksgiving. At first she sounded really depressed but the more we talked, her spirits were raised. (Ivy, she had such a hard life but she was also trying to go through life without surrendering her life to the Lord. It was really sad.) That was the last time we talked until Ivy was born. K. had gotten diabetes and wasn't feeling well so she just shut down. She was MIA, not returning phone calls. She finally talked to S. She told her that she didn't want to talk to Matt and I because she really liked us and she felt like she was getting too attached. She didn't want to get used to talking to us every week and then not talk to us too much after the baby was born.

She also quit taking care of herself. I think she was tired of being pregnant, she was taking care of her 2 year old son, and working.So...at this time we just had to pray that God would protect the baby. I wanted the baby out! I was pretty patient until December 23,2005. I was talking to S. on the phone and she was saying that K. was really not doing anything that the Dr.'s were telling her to do. I had hit my limit! I got off the phone and prayed so hard. I said, "Lord, I am ready for this baby to come out!"

The next morning, Christmas Eve, at about 6 am. I woke up to the phone ringing....the Lord was about to answer my prayer.

0 comments: