Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Matt!

Happy Birthday to the greatest husband and father! When I was 33 our lives changed forever with the birth of Ivy....I am looking forward to what the Lord has for our family in your 33rd year. I don't know of anyone who is more sacrificial, loving and tenderhearted. Your girls love you!!!!!
Now....to a funny story. Today after church we went to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch for Matt's birthday. I told the waiter that we were going to take some cheesecake to go because it was Matt's birthday. (Yes we are still on a diet...) While we were waiting for the bill, Ivy started to act up so Matt told me to take her outside and walk around while he was waiting for the bill. After we had left and Matt was sitting at the table by himself, they brought out his cheesecake with a candle and started singing "Happy Birthday". He was all alone and felt stupid and so did the people singing. He wanted to kill me for telling them it was his birthday, they apologized and he left. I laughed all the way home.
Week 2 on the diet. Matt and I both lost 2.5 pounds.....so that is 4.5 pounds lost. Cheesecake today, the gym tomorrow!

4 comments:

Kelli I. said...

I am laughing out loud thinking of Matt sitting there with the people singing Happy Birthday to him! How funny would that have been to watch!

Happy Birthday Matt. We're praying that you have a wonderful year ahead.

Love,
The Iverson's

Unknown said...

I laughed too! That is sooo funny!!!! Happy Birthday Matt.
Tracy Dodson

Madburns said...

Happy birthday matt! It was great to read your blog. miss you guys
melissa

KV said...

That is one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time. Poor Matt. Kelli we have got to get together sometime. By the way, my sister-in-law has never left a comment on my blog so you should feel very honored. Or I should feel really bad. Just teasing Melissa. Kelli's is definitely way more entertaining.