Monday, January 7, 2008

Total Body Makeover

Ok....This is really the start date. I am off to a good start. Parents are gone, junk food is out...(pretty much out. I am a big believer of having a little dessert after dinner, even if it is Weight Watchers). I turned to Matt in bed this morning and asked him if he was ready for "body boot camp". He said he was ready too. Matt has lost 50 pounds so I know he isn't really the problem. It is me. I have lost 70 pounds before myself so I know how to do it. I just can't give into all my desires......for chips,etc.
I started this program in my Weight Watchers magazine with walking. I heard about it last year so I started the year program today and it went well. It is really manageable. So....I reintroduced myself to the gym. Ivy went to. She seemed excited to go to Kid's Club until she realized that I wasn't staying with her. She was screaming when I left but was sitting with the worker at the desk when I came to get her. We both have to get used to it again.
I am strictly counting my Weight Watcher points again and I bought a Weight Watcher Magazine cookbook. If there are recipes that I like I will share them with you all. I am making one tomorrow. (An Antipasto salad) that I am making with turkey burgers. I will let you know...
Ok. Now I have to burn some calories cleaning. Love, Fat Mommy (hopefully shrinking everyday!)

6 comments:

Swimwife said...

Hi it is your fat mommy friend!! I started today too! I have been gearing up for a few days. I was indulging so much I had to give things up slowly. But I am counting points and have my schedule down to go to the gym everyday! I am excited. I know that we can do it:) Watch out summer we are going from fat mommies to Hot mommies! I am here for you friend!love ya

Unknown said...

I already thought you were a Hot Mama, but I'm proud of you for braving the gym! I've never tried to do that, partly due to finances, but mostly because of the munchkins. Hope Ivy gets more used to it as time passes! I really am proud of you for pursuing this!! ;) Now, if only I can get the ice cream out of OUR house...
-Ruth

Abouttime said...

I was surprised by your last effort... and so proud! You and Matthew did something I never did when the kids were young... lose the weight to allow me to be more active with the kids. How proud I am of you both. I know you both will be successful. Love, Tim

Jenny M. said...

Kelli!
You go girl! I'll be cheering you on..WW is the best. I should know I think I've been a lifetime member since age 10. I think I'm always counting points in the back of my mind.

ANYWAYS! Tonight is the two hour premiere of OTH...HOLLA!! Can't wait!

Swimwife said...

Hey girl
where is the walking plan you are doing on WW! I want to do it too!
love ya

cathy said...

If you wal my way come and get me!! I started this week too on WW. I will share any good things too. i'm doing the online WW... well see!
Cath