Friday, February 1, 2008

WHAT??? Time for Big Girl Undies!

















I can't believe that it is time to break out the undies. My little girl cannot be ready for this!

I was going to wait and potty train her this summer but...I guess we are starting now. I was talking to Wendy yesterday and while we were talking Ivy says"Momma, I poo poo". I looked and said "no, not yet but you are going to." And sure enough she did. Wendy said,"Are you nuts? She is telling you she has to go and you are not potty training her!" Finally I told Wendy to lay off me and that I would go get the undies. (Come to think of it, it was kind of dumb of me to wait that long....Thank You friend) So....today we went and got our Hello Kitty undies and suckers for when we go in the potty. Pray for me! I am a little nervous about it. I will keep you posted. Sickness update....she still has a small fever and now a bad cough. She has a raspy little voice because of it and I love that but I want her to get better!



4 comments:

Happy Hollie said...

Awww...it doesn't seem possible. Here comes potty accidents. Get ready girl!

Kelli I. said...

Wow Ivy! I can't believe that you are such a big girl. I am so proud of you and I know that you will do a great job learning to go potty on the toilet. Your friend Ben just learned how and he is doing really good. Say "Hi" to your mom for me and tell her that I miss her.

Love,
Kelli I.

Unknown said...

Kelli - those look like Grandma undies!!!

chinaowensfam@gmail.com said...

Hey Kelli - I have potty trained 6 children - one twice (because John broke his femur when right after we got done training and he had to wear a body cast for 8wks)! In any case, I am your resident expert on potty training. :) My advice, don't use undies. Take everything off underneath and have Ivy wear dresses or long shirts for a few days. Underwear feels too much like a diaper and they will start going before they realize what they are doing - and the point is to get them to realize what they need to do before they go. Anyway, with my kids that always worked great! After a few days they had the general idea and then we started with the undies. :) But before you think it's all that ladida for me, potty training is what I hate the most about parenting! I absolutely HATE it. It's so nice to be on the other side...

Love,

Sarah